Thursday, September 4, 2014

Busy busy Thursday

Oh my goodness what a busy day! I loved hearing your writing this morning and I cannot wait for tomorrow's selection. We added another syllable type and cutting pattern to our chart in Boot Camp. We reread our fluency selection and watched a Gooru video that related to "Climb or Die." We read our close reading selection with attention to types of early humans and the time they lived. We did a writing piece on which tool was the most important and why.
In math, the lesson was full of mini-lessons! We learned about adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing decimals, using brackets, and solving expressions. Whew!
In writer's workshop we started a Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting two types of early humans.
Finally, we had a few minutes to start the "Distant Past" section in our social science text.

Tomorrow there is an AVID assembly and a week two assessment in language arts.

Homework:

  • read for 30 minutes
  • spelling due tomorrow
  • fluency 1 minute
  • math reteach 1-5
  • writing -- write about the sound, the color, and the smell of school

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Wells I love being in your class

    - lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm brian I left my spelling words at class �� I don't want to get benched

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. captive, rascal, convince, mascot, cuddle, discuss, crush, frantic, rustic, volcanic, skittish, kingdom, kept, musket, bunk, trunk, week, dock, stuck, quick-witted 


      Glad you posted this Brian!

      Delete
  3. mrs wells for the past two weeks I'm gald to be your student this is viviana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs.wells I agree that it was a busy Thursday but it was really fun I enjoyed it I like to be in school

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it was a busy Thursday but I enjoyed it I love school a lot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hi hi by David, Savannah, and Precious and Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  7. its raining tacos :3 -abraham >:3 >3< and...:D and......O3O

    ReplyDelete