Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday

Sorry I did not blog yesterday. This week has been filled with quite a few non-classroom related tasks.
Today we started with 100 Mile Club, then came in and shared writing. We had Boot Camp, fluency practice, and worked on close reading. I like the posters each group made that show gist, author's purpose, vocabulary, reasons the paintings are fading, and something that you learned. We also wrote Depth of Knowledge (DOK) leveled questions for Hatchet.
We continued math groups. My group worked on solving addition and subtraction equations involving a variable.
We wrote a conclusion to our agricultural revolution essays. Tomorrow we will begin the revising process.
Finally, we read about earth's moving plates. Science rotations start next week!

Homework:

  • read for 30 minutes
  • fluency 1 minute (quiz tomorrow)
  • spelling -- take a practice test
  • math -- my group practice 2-3
  • writing: a penny falls from a tall building, what happens?
We also changed jobs today and staked the plants that are growing. It is so exciting to see our garden!
Weekly assessment tomorrow in Language Arts.



3 comments:

  1. do you want to halp me out on a fundraiser you can go to www.cherrydale.com,then just go to shopping pick what type of thing you want and when you are done you can pay with your credit card. PRETTY PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keyla, is there a code or anything that I enter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont know i just asked one of my teachers by email i will tell you when she tells me

    ReplyDelete